onsdag 6. oktober 2010

MAUI, Hookipa 26.09.2010

Hookipa 26.09.2010 from Happysurfer on Vimeo.

Ok, here we go again with some text. I don’t know how many blog readers I have left now, but about writing, when I was back home in Norway, there was no time for writing...I was writing on an subject book on my work witch had a deadline, and for me the creativity must be focused one place at a time. And the windsurf back home in Norway was for me not so mush to write about or for readers to read about but there was many super nice days with all the good friends on the water back home. So then linked her, one of the reasons for not blogging at Maui so far. I have bought me a Canon 7D witch is not only nice to take pictures with it is also nice to shoot video with. I am so so happy with the camera. I have then made a movie from Hookipa on the big day 26 Sep 1010. The quality of the material ended up so good that I decided to offer some work in editing a good windsurf video in the way I want to see a windsurf video. I my opinion we also need all the videos with quick shifts and hard music with spectacularly moves, but I felt there was not so many videos out there showing the pure nature and communication between the windsurfer and the wave. To be honest my biggest inspiration to my amateur windsurf movie is the pro film thewindsurfingmovie I, I have not seen thewindsurfingmovie II yet. One of the scenes I have to see again and again is for sure the opening scene with the back loop and push loop..filmed from helicopter, and from an super smuth and shifting angel, and so suitable music. The other favorite scene in windsurfing movie I is from Morocco...the sand the wave and again the choice of music. So then with that influence I made a video edited it with quite many 50 fps filmed slow motion clips, made it as a sort of presentation on different sailors and a presentation of hookipa on a big day. I also offered a lot of work to find the right music to the film, and have got many good feedbacks on the choices. For me the music has so much to say in a windsurf movie like this. I think electronica like trentemoller have the right 3 dimensional contents that fits the 3 dimensional wave, with depths’ and mystic :) anyway enough of how I was thinking when made the movie the true artists in the movie are the windsurfers. The cool thing is that the video ended up sort of like a hit, now seen by ...wait let me check 9994..soon 10000, and that is in 4,5 days...so I must have done something right...the cool part is also that some forums are discussing the movie :) I have sort of lost control over the movie…it is linked on so many sites. The bad part about this nice movie , how will it be possible to make a good movie next time…ok advice to my selves, just relax and have fun with it . I am not afraid of saying that I am good in things, and I know I am good in editing if I have the right material, and I think the film ended up hopefully with some art involved in it. Butt ho be honest I wish I was as good wave rider as I am to edit. Anyway there are still some cool projects to come, I can’t right now say what it is. The filming have given me much practise I now can use, but I didn't know it chould end like a hit, so it is impotant to forget that part and next time try to make it in the way you want it to be. The paradoxical is that I am maybe one ofe the last to embed the movie to this site,my ovn blog :)

To day super nice windsurf at uppers with my 4,7 and 81 L board. Keep up following, next post more Maui and windsurf.

3 kommentarer:

George Markopoulos sa...

I'm here, and definately appreciate your posts! please do continue Tormod

martinejulianne sa...

I LIKE THIS BLOG! Go windsurfing :)

info@wavetribe sa...

Wow! You're Canon 7D is superb! Moreover, your windsurf video is intense and is as crystal clear as the water in the beach. Are you having any tutorials cause I am willing to take part in it?

http://wavetribe.com